Access to and use of 'ttkingston.org' both within the UK and internationally is provided by Transition Town Kingston on the following terms:
1. By using ttkingston.org you agree to be bound by these terms, which shall take effect immediately on your first use of ttkingston.org. If you do not agree to be bound by all of the following terms please do not access, use and/or contribute to ttkingtson.org.
2. Transition Town Kingston may change these terms from time to time and so you should check these terms regularly. Your continued use of ttkingston.org will be deemed acceptance of the updated or amended terms. If you do not agree to the changes, you should cease using this website. If there is any conflict between these terms and specific local terms appearing elsewhere on ttkingston.org (including house rules) then the latter shall prevail.
3. You agree to use ttkingston.org only for lawful purposes, and in a way that does not infringe the rights of, restrict or inhibit anyone else's use and enjoyment of ttkingston.org. Prohibited behaviour includes harassing or causing distress or inconvenience to any person, transmitting obscene or offensive content or disrupting the operation of ttkingston.org.
4. All copyright, trade marks, design rights, patents and other intellectual property rights (registered and unregistered) in and on ttkingston.org and all content located on the site shall remain vested in Transition Town Kingston or its licensors (which includes other users). You may not copy, reproduce, republish, disassemble, decompile, reverse engineer, download, post, broadcast, transmit, make available to the public, or otherwise use ttkingston.org content in any way except for your own personal or non-commercial use. You also agree not to adapt, alter or create a derivative work from any ttkingston.org content except for your own personal or non-commercial use. Any other use of ttkingston.org content requires the prior written permission of Transition Town Kingston.
5. The names, images and logos identifying Transition Town Kingston or third parties and their products and services are subject to copyright, design rights and trade marks of Transition Town Kingston and/or third parties. Nothing contained in these terms shall be construed as conferring any licence or right to use any trade mark, design right or copyright of Transition Town Kingston or any other third party
6. By sharing any contribution (including any text, photographs, graphics, video or audio) with Transition Town Kingston you agree to grant Transition Town Kingston, free of charge, permission to use the material in any way it wants (including modifying and adapting it for operational and editorial reasons) in any media worldwide.
7. Copyright in your contribution will remain with you and this permission is not exclusive, so you can continue to use the material in any way including allowing others to use it.
8. In order that Transition Town Kingston can use your contribution, you confirm that your contribution is your own original work, is not defamatory and does not infringe any UK laws, that you have the right to give Transition Town Kingston permission to use it for the purposes specified above, and that you have the consent of anyone who is identifiable in your contribution or the consent of their parent / guardian if they are under 16.
9. Please do not endanger yourself or others, take any unnecessary risks or break any laws when creating content you may share with Transition Town Kingston.
10. If you have any questions about contributing content to Transition Town Kingston, please contact us.
11. The majority of content posted on ttkingston.org is created by individual members of Transition Town Kingston. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of Transition Town Kingston. Transition Town Kingston is not responsible for any content posted by members of the public on ttkingston.org or for the availability or content of any third party sites that are accessible through ttkingston.org. Any links to third party websites from ttkingston.org do not amount to any endorsement of that site by Transition Town Kingston and any use of that site by you is at your own risk.
12. ttkingston.org content, including the information, names, images, pictures, logos and icons is provided "AS IS" and on an "AS AVAILABLE" basis. To the extent permitted by law, Transition Town Kingston excludes all representations and warranties (whether express or implied by law), including the implied warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security and accuracy. Transition Town Kingston does not guarantee the timeliness, completeness or performance of the website or any of the content. While we try to ensure that all content provided by Transition Town Kingston is correct at the time of publication no responsibility is accepted by or on behalf of Transition Town Kingston for any errors, omissions or inaccurate content on the website.
13. Transition Town Kingston shall not be liable for any of the following losses or damage (whether such damage or losses were foreseen, foreseeable, known or otherwise): (a) loss of data; (b) loss of revenue or anticipated profits; (c) loss of business; (d) loss of opportunity; (e) loss of goodwill or injury to reputation; (f) losses suffered by third parties; or (g) any indirect, consequential, special or exemplary damages arising from the use of ttkingston.org regardless of the form of action.
14. Transition Town Kingston does not warrant that functions available on ttkingston.org will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that ttkingston.org or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs. You acknowledge that it is your responsibility to implement sufficient procedures and virus checks (including anti-virus and other security checks) to satisfy your particular requirements for the accuracy of data input and output.
15. If any of these terms are determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by reason of the laws of any state or country in which these terms are intended to be effective, then to the extent and within the jurisdiction in which that term is illegal, invalid or unenforceable, it shall be severed and deleted from these terms and the remaining terms shall survive and continue to be binding and enforceable.
16. The failure or delay of Transition Town Kingston to exercise or enforce any right in these terms does not waive Transition Town Kingston's right to enforce that right.
17. These terms shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of England and Wales which shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any disputes.